Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Warning: Satan Can Crush Any Marriage -- Even Yours
Avoiding the Greener Grass Syndrome
by Nancy C. Anderson

Book Review by Cindy O'HalloranAugust 16, 2005

(AgapePress) -
Nancy C. Anderson's book Avoiding the Greener Grass Syndrome: How to Grow Affair-Proof Hedges Around Your Marriage (Kregel, 2004) is absolutely wonderful. With courage, Anderson tells of the journey that sent her on a wayward path to infidelity that nearly ended her marriage.

"The reason I tell my story is to hopefully prevent it from becoming someone else's story," says Anderson. "I am willing to say, I've been to the other side of the fence and I can tell you that the grass is NOT greener. It's full of weeds and thorns ... it's a lie." Now, with God's help, Anderson is able to warn others with practical knowledge and offers tips on avoiding the greener grass syndrome.

When Anderson had her affair, she and her husband Ron were lukewarm Christians who were not attending church. That lack of accountability led to her self-deceptive thinking. "I didn't get Godly council and I took advice from non-Christians. I believed the world's lie: 'You deserve to be happy.' I sought feelings over truth and selfishness over self-control. I took God off the throne of my life and lived to please myself."

Story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home