Saturday, September 17, 2005

Starbucks cup promotes homosexuality?
Baylor University orders removal from campus store
Posted: September 17, 20051:00 a.m. Eastern

Officials at Baylor University told the Starbucks store on its Waco, Texas, campus to remove a cup said to promote homosexuality.

The offending cup, part of a series with quotes from various American thinkers called "The Way I See It," features the words of homosexual novelist Armistead Maupin.

It reads:
"My only regret about being gay is that I repressed it for so long. I surrendered my youth to the people I feared when I could have been out there loving someone. Don't make that mistake yourself. Life's too damn short."

Baylor University, the world's largest Baptist school, refused to comment on the issue, said KCEN-TV in central Texas. Employees at the campus Starbucks said none of their customers had complained about the cup, but they removed it.

The rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home