Monday, September 19, 2005

A Word for All Seasons -- Rainproof, Rugged and Ready
The Outdoor Bible
Review/Commentary by Randall Murphree
September 19, 2005

(AgapePress) - Campers, hunters, fishermen, athletes -- and hammock swingers with iced tea in hand -- finally, there's a Bible for you. It's waterproof, tear-resistant and ready for reading in the wild. I admit I wasn't sold at first. Thought it was just another gimmick to manipulate a niche market.

Then they got to the part about swinging in the hammock. And then I showed a copy of this new-fangled Bible to a few outdoorsmen. They waxed eloquent.

"That's really cool!"
"Hey, great idea."
"I want one!"

The Outdoor Bible, I concluded, isn't such a bad idea. In fact, I'll be recommending it to friends who love extended time in the great outdoors -- Southern boys hunting in Montana, overnight fishing trips, or months of hiking on the Appalachian Trail.

The rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home