Sunday, October 02, 2005

Eric Dudley writes from his Heart

To The Members of St. John’s Episcopal Church
From: Fr. Eric D. Dudley

As you may know by now, I resigned as Rector of St. John’s Church this past Sunday morning. Over the past two years it has become increasingly difficult for my family and me to remain a part of the Episcopal Church. After two years of prayerful struggling as well as thousands of conversations with fellow priests and bishops, I have come to realize that the roots of heresy are so deep in the Episcopal Church (in seminaries, among priests and bishops) that there really is no possibility of changing the fabric of this Church. I have arrived at a place where I do not feel comfortable using Episcopal literature, sending youth and college students to Episcopal conferences (even in the Diocese of Florida), or affirming my vows as a priest (to the “Doctrine, Discipline, and Worship of the Episcopal Church”). When, last Spring, I had a lengthy conversation in my office with a young man who is just beginning to believe in Christ, I felt sick that I was leading him to new faith in a church that has turned its back on the very foundations of faith. I cannot do that ever again.


The rest at titusonenine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home