Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Divergence: Two Bishops. Two Paths. One Decision.
by George F. Woodliff III

Almost exactly two years ago I wrote a paper for my diocese titled
Rediscovering Christian Orthodoxy in Episcopal Anglicanism, in which I quoted this excerpt from a letter written by The Very Reverend Robert S. Munday, Dean of Nashotah House, to the Archbishop of Canterbury on August 19,2003:

"I have just returned from the Episcopal Church’s General Convention where I served as a member of the House of Deputies. The appropriate committees of the General Convention held two hearings where deputies and bishops heard several hours of testimonies in the days prior to the votes on the consent to the election of the Bishop-elect of New Hampshire and the resolution concerning the blessing of same sex unions. What struck me as I was listening to the hours of testimonies is that I was not listening to members of one church in dialogue with each other, I was listening to members of two different religions in dialogue with each other - two different views of Holy Scripture, two different theologies - two different understandings of God and His ways in the world." [Emphasis added]

the rest at Stand Firm-don't miss this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home