Sunday, May 21, 2006

THE DA VINCI CODE IS A NON-EVENT
by John Lawrence
May 21, 2006 11:34 AM EST

As a Christian, I find the controversy surrounding the Dan Brown fable 'The Da Vinci Code' to be absolutely warranted yet at the same time I am puzzled by it.

I try not to stray into matters of religion because I know full well that not all of my readers (or anybody's) are religious. I am also fairly certain that not all that are follow the same beliefs as myself. Having said that, I must add that with the Da Vinci Code as my topic today, I see no way to avoid some religious content. I stated at the top that I can understand the church being upset at the premise of the Da Vinci code. To attempt to portray Jesus as a man who fathered children and who had a lover or wife is simply blasphemy to those of us who embrace the Bible as sacred and as divinely inspired.
the rest of the commentary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home