Friday, May 05, 2006

Praying for Your Prodigal: Have Faith in "Hopeless Cases"
Part I
Dr. Ray Pritchard
Contributor

I received an email with a heartrending question:

I have a daughter that I don't believe is saved. I pray for her but often times I can't. I suppose that I'm angry she isn't responding and feel incapable of helping her. What can I pray for on a daily basis so that she will come to Christ? At times I feel such sorrow, thinking she might go to hell.

This parent speaks for mothers and fathers everywhere who pray for their prodigal children, often for years, with seemingly no results. I do not doubt that praying parents must at some point feel like giving up, and it must be hard not to get angry when you see your children repeatedly making bad choices or showing no interest in the gospel. What do you do then? How do you keep believing for your own prodigal son or daughter?
the rest

Part II here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home