Wednesday, June 14, 2006

AAC briefing blog: Wednesday
Matt Kennedy+
June 14, 11:27 am


I’m here at the Nationwide Arena for the AAC luncheon and news briefing. I’m in something of a time crunch. The SCECAC meeting starts at 2:00pm and lasts until 4:00pm. Strangely, press registration for the big SCECAC hearing this evening is at 3:00pm. And, to top it off, the press seating will be assigned according to protocol: the big guys first AP, Networks, CNN, FOX etc…bloggers, are waaaay down the list. So, while I am reporting on the committee meeting this afternoon, I may emerge to find that there are no press spots left. What this means is that as soon as the afternoon session is over, I’ll have to dash off to the press office to see if there are any spaces left. I’ve noticed that ECUSA or TEC or whatever you want to call it has not exactly gone out of the way to accommodate information gatherers. In my discussions with people today, that seems to be a common theme.

In any case, Ellis Brust, wearing a bowtie, is has ascended the podium to make some preliminary announcements. Each day, the crowd at these hearings has grown. Today, it seems as though we have 200 or more.
the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home