Monday, June 26, 2006

Christ Church to Disassociate from ECUSA
Statement of the Rev. Canon David H. Roseberry & the Christ Church Vestry
Saturday, June 24, 2006

My Dear Friends,

I am thankful for the many prayers and expressions of support that you have offered Fran and me during these past two weeks. The General Convention of the Episcopal Church, as difficult as it was, achieved clarity and showed a direction and corporate mission for ECUSA that is unmistakable. I would invite you to read the daily posts I wrote from Columbus found on our website. By God’s grace, the Convention has given your Vestry and me clarity as well.

Over the past three years many laypeople, clergy (including myself) and bishops have worked zealously to communicate the clear choice that was before the General Convention; however, the Episcopal Church has not only broken the faith and apostolic witness but appears determined to continue in that path. We cannot go with them.

the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home