Sunday, July 23, 2006

Bishop Skip Adams of Central New York Reflects on General Convention

Excerpt: "I must say too that I continue to be committed to the full inclusion of gay, lesbian and transgendered in this Church and voted that way at Convention. For that matter, I remain committed to all of God’s people who for whatever reason are pushed away from God’s vision for humanity. We must be resolute in our commitment to the Christian values exhibited in the Baptismal Covenant and find ways to assure that all of God’s people are welcome to God’s banquet. In that same vein, I remain committed that in this Church all voices will be heard, including voices that disagree with my own, and we need to provide a safe place for such dignity to be offered to all of God’s people. I call upon everyone in the Diocese of Central New York to offer this gift to one another and honor the Christ in one another, even when that reality seems to be most hidden."

the rest at Stand Firm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home