Thursday, July 06, 2006

A perfect child
July 06, 2006

A tragedy has unfolded in Pekin, Illinois, where a 3-year old girl was suffocated by a woman who put a plastic trash bag over the child’s head. Dr. Karen McCarron, a certified pathologist, now sits in jail, facing charges of first-degree murder. That a respected medical professional is charged with such a crime is shocking enough; but you also need to know that the victim is her own daughter, and McCarron has confessed to the killing. It sounds surreal, but the numbing fact is that an innocent child’s life has been brought to an end at the hands of the woman who bore her.

When I first read the story of Katie McCarron’s death, it was hard for me to imagine how a mother could intentionally drain the life out of her three-year-old daughter. So I decided to learn as much as I could about this little girl and her mom. But what I discovered horrified me. What I found has convinced me that our nation’s 33-year history of aborting our children has spawned a variety of attitudes that can only be described as wicked.
the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home