Monday, August 07, 2006

Phil Ashey: Life after Deposition

On November 13, 2005 the people of South Riding Church voted to end their affiliation with ECUSA and to transfer to the Anglican Church of Uganda, Diocese of Ruwenzori.

On November 14, 2005, I submitted my letter of resignation to the Bishops of Virginia as missioner of South Riding Church, and submitted the faxed letter from the Bishop of Ruwenzori, the Right Rev. Benezeri Kisembo, dated November 13, 2005, receiving me into the Diocese of Ruwenzori.

As a courtesy to the Bishops of Virginia, I appeared at their request before the Standing Committee, and presented my case, for the record, on why the congregation and I found it necessary to leave ECUSA at that time.

The Standing Committee asked no questions whatsoever.


the rest at titusonenine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home