Saturday, January 06, 2007

Anglican Head Fears Church Schism
By Anne Thomas
Christian Post Correspondent
Sat, Jan. 06 2007

LONDON – The Anglican Church is on the brink of separation over homosexuality, and the head of the worldwide denomination has admitted that he fears losing control of the situation.

Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams says that he feared anything that set Christians more deeply at odds with each other.

"And because I am an ordinary, sinful human being, I fear the situation slipping out of my control, such as it is," he says in a documentary on Canterbury Cathedral to be broadcast on ITV - the most popular commercial television channel in Britain.

"I fear schism – not because I think it's the worst thing in the world but because, at this particular juncture, it's going to be bad for us. It's going to drive people into recrimination and bitterness."
the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home