Monday, January 01, 2007

Some musings on the Anglican blog awards:
Too fun! Of course, Transfigurations is deeply honored to be even mentioned. Next year I will suggest some categories that might give lesser known blogs a chance:

Person most unlikely to become a blogger:

My greatest claim to fame up to this point was being Raymond’s wife, and mother to Ryan and Kevin. When Kevin was in second grade, his classmates would call me Mrs. Kevin. Very humbling. I didn’t know what a blog was until the events of August 2003 and what they meant for our church. I became addicted to reading titusonenine and every Episcopal/Anglican blog I could find. I wanted my church to have information about what was going on and Transfigurations was born. It is just a tiny fish in the ocean of great blogs, and I was surprised that it even got noticed. But I’ve made some new friends (like St. Karen-yes I saw that! Raymond actually choked, he was laughing so hard!) all over the country and I like to think that God has used it for His purposes.

Blogger who perseveres despite a great technical handicap:

I don’t even know how to get that banner for the blog awards on my blog. (Where is Kevin Kallsen when you need him?)

Blog with the cutest
pet :
I realize that this category might not fly, but I would definitely win this one.

Anyway, I pray daily for the all bloggers and what they send out into cyberspace. Gutenberg with his new technology fueled the reformation of his day. Bloggers have done much the same in this age. I do know that we are a very powerful force for bringing light into the darkness and what is brought into the light can be dealt with, first in the prayer closet, and then as God moves His people to action.


A very blessed and Happy New Year to all!

Pat Dague

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home