Friday, March 30, 2007

Don Armstrong Writes His parish
March 30th, 2007

Dear Grace Parishioners,

As we approach Holy Week whereupon we reflect on the suffering of our Lord, let me begin by expressing my deep sorrow for your own suffering around the events currently playing out in the life of our parish. Clearly our common life has been under a spiritual attack for almost two years, the battle now expressing itself in defaming public accusations and sensational newspaper headlines.

I want to express my own heartfelt appreciation to those who have been so supportive of Jessie, Zachary, Melissa and me. I also want to express my understanding and compassion for those who feel angry, hurt, and confused.

It is clear, as I work through what are now formal accusations against me and about which you have been informed in a letter from the diocese, that there is nothing about these allegations that cannot be reasonably understood when all, not just some, of the facts are available. It is my own and the vestry’s intention to share with the congregation all the facts, and we are confident that the operation of our church and my participation in parish decisions will be fully exonerated.
the rest at titusonenine

Stand Firm: Audio: Interview with Fr. Don Armstrong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home