Monday, March 05, 2007

My Conversation with God
I had no idea what God would do when I asked him to use me.

3/02/2007

Does God still speak? I grew up hearing testimonies about it, but until October 2005, I couldn't say it had ever happened to me.

I'm a middle-aged professor of theology at a well-known Christian university. I've written award-winning books. My name is on Christianity Today's masthead. For years I've taught that God still speaks, but I couldn't testify to it personally. I can only do so now anonymously, for reasons I hope will be clear.

A year after hearing God's voice, I still can't talk or even think about my conversation with God without being overcome with emotion. That's one reason I know it was real; I'm not a person who shows emotion easily. Plus, I'm a skeptic about things supernatural. Not that I don't believe they can happen; I just doubt most miracle stories except the ones in the Bible. I've even been known to criticize publicly what I consider to be overly experiential forms of Christianity. I suppose that makes this story especially ironic.


the rest-Don't miss this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home