Friday, May 11, 2007

Ordaining Relativism
I was living in England and working as an Anglican priest when the Church of England finished debating the question of women’s ordination.

BY FATHER DWIGHT LONGENECKER
5/8/07

I was living in England and working as an Anglican priest when the Church of England finished debating the question of women’s ordination. The Church was in great turmoil over the question, and many priests and people threatened to leave if women were ordained. On the other side, many people were increasingly angry and upset at the Church of England’s slowness to move on this issue which seemed obvious to them.

Although my instinct was to be opposed to women’s ordination, I was determined to hear both sides of the argument and make up my mind accordingly.

The process left me increasingly confused. From a human point of view, both those who were in favor of women’s ordination and those who were opposed had strong arguments. Both sides attempted to marshal support from Scripture.
the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home