Tuesday, July 17, 2007

CENTRAL NEW YORK: EPISCOPAL ECCLESIASTICAL COURT VINDICATES ORTHODOX PRIEST
By David W. Virtue
http://www.virtueonline.org/
7/17/2007

OWEGO, NY: Fr. David Bollinger, 52, the former rector of St. Paul's Episcopal Church was cleared of allegations that he financially mismanaged his parish by a diocesan ecclesiastical court and was restored to "good standing."

"I am elated by the decision and vindicated by a group of my peers," he told VirtueOnline.

By canon law, the right to celebrate the Eucharist and perform the other functions of a clergyman have been restored to Bollinger. The bishop took them away a year and a half ago when he inhibited Bollinger.

"I'm technically retired because of a heart attack I suffered last year from all the stress connected to my being inhibited. I am receiving disability from the church. I believe that the trial court did an outstanding job trying to be fair and I am very grateful for their real high handedness in doing a good and even job with everything," he said in a phone interview with VOL after the church trial in Syracuse.

the rest at Virtueonline

The Living Church: Presentment Charges Against Fr. David Bollinger Dismissed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home