Saturday, November 17, 2007

Missing Christ
Sometimes He’s easiest to find on the street

Tony Woodlief

I saw Christ on a street corner in Washington, D.C., disguised as an alcoholic felon. I don't often notice Christ. I can sit through entire church services and not see Him. I'll notice which worship songs are individualistic pablum; I'll remember if the sermon is more about what the Bible doesn't say, or if the pastor is bent on setting people straight. But I'll miss Jesus, occupied as I am with criticizing on His behalf. So it was unexpected, this Christ-sighting.

For I was hungry and you gave Me food, Christ called out to me as I passed. It was late; I just wanted a meal and my comfortable hotel bed. But I made the mistake of eye contact. "They spit on me!" he shouted. It was so unusual that I stopped. He was crying with frustration. Someone had given him spittle instead of money.
The rest photo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home