Tuesday, March 18, 2008

TLC: Bishop Duncan Denies Abandonment Charge
March 18, 2008

Bishop Robert Duncan of Pittsburgh has responded to charges that he had abandoned communion. The bishop declared he is subject to the doctrine, discipline and worship of The Episcopal Church in a letter sent to Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori on March 14.

“I have kept my ordination vows – all of them – to the best of my ability, including the vow I made on 28 October 1972 to ‘banish and drive away all strange and erroneous doctrines contrary to God’s Word’,” he said. “I have been present to all but two meetings of the House of Bishops (out of 24) during the last 12 years. In those meetings I have clearly and openly opposed the theological and moral drift of The Episcopal Church, often in the face of great hostility and sadly, at times, derision.”
the rest image

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home