Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rick Warren impressive as McCain-Obama interviewer

Pastor Warren got them to dig deep and avoid canned answers, though he did miss some follow-up questions.
Dana Parsons
August 19, 2008

Let me suggest the creation of a new governmental position: Moderator General.

And it just so happens I have a nominee: Rick Warren.

Yes, he already has a job as pastor of Saddleback Church in Orange County, but based on his performance Saturday in interviewing John McCain and Barack Obama, the young man has another talent that needs to be tapped.

Forty-eight hours after the event, I'm still overly bubbly because I feared that Warren's back-to-back interviews with the presidential aspirants would fall flat. I admired his intentions in injecting questions of faith into the presidential mix. I had wondered whether either McCain or Obama would open up in front of an evangelical pastor and his congregants. Not to mention a national TV audience. Another concern was whether Warren had the chops to nudge the two men to say more and dig deeper into their souls than we're used to hearing. the rest image

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home