Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lent 2009

As always, I am very grateful to Karen and the rest of the crew at Lent and Beyond for pulling together so many links that we can use for prayer and meditation during Lent. I have been drawn to this blog almost since the time it was started because of the focus on prayer, especially intercessory prayer for the Anglican church.

Some direct links:
Here is the
category link for all Lenten entries.
(There are a lot of subcategories too)

Here is a post listing Karen's
Top Ten Favorite Online Lenten Resources

One of my favorites:
A Lenten prayer attributed to St. Polycarp:

O sweet Saviour Christ, in your undeserved love for us you were prepared to suffer the painful death of the cross: let me not be cold or even lukewarm in my love for you.

Lord help me to face the truth about myself. Help me to hear my words as others hear them, To see my face as others see me; Let me be honest enough to recognise my impatience and conceit;

Let me recognise my anger and selfishness; Give me sufficient humility to accept my own weakness for what they are. Give me the grace - at least in your presence - to say. ‘I was wrong - forgive me.’

God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, increase in us faith and truth and gentleness and grant us part and lot among the saints. — St. Polycarp 69-115

If you are online, take some time to visit Lent and Beyond and be blessed! image

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home