Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Buyers Remorse, Christian Obama Supporter Deeply Concerned

By Deacon Keith Fournier
3/17/2009
Catholic Online

Excerpt:
CHESAPEAKE, Va.– The last radio program I hosted was entitled “Millennial Moment”. It was a talk format where we dealt with issues at the intersection of faith and culture. Personally, I concluded long ago that neither major political party in the USA was fully committed to the fundamental human rights issue of our age, the Right to Life from conception to natural death. My concern was that many who identified themselves with the so called “religious Right” were being used. We began that radio show every day with words from the Who song, 'Won’t get Fooled Again’: “I'll tip my hat to the new constitution, Take a bow for the new revolution, Smile and grin at the change all around me, Pick up my guitar and play, Just like yesterday… Then I'll get on my knees and pray, We don't get fooled again” Sadly, many Christians did get fooled again in 2008.

I watched as some, disappointed with the Republican Party, took a look at then candidate Barrack Obama in the early days of the Presidential campaign. As I examined his positions on the Right to Life, what I found horrified me. I could not - and did not - support him. Those called the ‘poorest of the poor’ by Mother Teresa were severely threatened by his positions. Personally, I never fully trusted the candidate’s claim to hear the cry of the poor because he blocked his ears to the cry of those children. Throughout the campaign I tried to do what I could, along with so many others, to expose his opposition to the Right to Life. the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home