Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Celebrating the 50 Days of Easter




May we go into the day
to share the love of the risen Christ
May the light of God shine on us
May the light of Christ shine in us
May the light of the Spirit shine through us
Jesus Christ is risen and has given us new life
Thanks be to God, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah!

-a daily prayer for the Easter Season



Today, I am reminded (Thanks to Karen at Lent and Beyond!) that Easter is not just a day, but a season, and as such should be celebrated. The Easter lily we got this year was the most beautiful and perfect of any that I can remember-here it is sitting on my front porch perched in a container made and given to me by a dear friend. I also put out my collection of "pysanky"or Ukrainian easter eggs that Raymond has given me over the years (reflecting some of my eastern European ancestry). I love to decorate the house with flowers that remind me of Easter and springtime and new birth. Check out the links here and give yourself a spiritual boost and blessing! -Pat Dague (pictures by Raymond Dague)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home