Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Miss Calif. Says Traditional Marriage Answer 'Cost Me My Crown'

By Elena Garcia
Christian Post Reporter
Mon, Apr. 20 2009

Miss California Carrie Prejean, who was named first runner up in the Miss USA Pageant on Sunday, says she believes her answer on same-sex marriage cost her the title but admits that she has no regrets.

During the Las Vegas pageant, Perez Hilton, an openly gay gossip blogger, asked Prejean whether every state should follow Vermont's recent move to legalize same-sex marriage.

"Well, I think it’s great that Americans are able to choose one or the other," responded Prejean. "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage."

"And you know what, in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," she continued. "No offense to anybody out there, but that’s how I was raised and that’s how I think it should be between a man and a woman. Thank you very much." the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home