Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Exhibit Features Mysterious Rembrandt Etching Found at Catholic U.

Jan. 11, 2010

Excerpt:
The Rembrandt was, in fact, "lying around" when it was discovered on campus by Very Rev. David M. O’Connell, C.M., shortly after he was appointed CUA’s president. In notes that are part of the exhibit, Father O'Connell explains that he discovered the piece while looking for paper towels in Nugent Hall, which serves as the office of the president.
Records management archivist Leslie Knoblauch and doctoral student Paul Wesley Bush set up the exhibit.

"I went into the restroom in Nugent Hall and opened a cabinet there," he notes. "I found the paper towels but as I was closing the cabinet door, I noticed on the bottom shelf under some junk, a picture frame jutting out. I bent down, pulled out the frame only to discover an etching that looked familiar to me. Why it was there or how it got there, I’ll never know." Story/image

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home