Thursday, January 07, 2010

Update on Fr. Nigel Mumford: January 06, 2010

Albany Intercessor

Since Fr. Nigel is doing so well, the updates will now be more sporadic.

Fr. Nigel is improving in giant steps now. The trach and the feeding tube were removed yesterday without complication – in fact the trach fell out on its own when the collar holding it was removed. Thank you Lord for the healing that made that possible!

Another GIANT step is that Fr. Nigel climbed the stairs in his house for the first time to make it up to the second story. This is a huge accomplishment. The physical therapist was only expecting him to go halfway to the landing, but he pushed onward and went to the top. (There is that Marine coming out again.) This means that soon Fr. Nigel will be able to have a shower, which will undoubtedly make him feel like a new man.

Fr. Nigel continues to need oxygen at times as his lungs continue to heal. He is able to get enough from a tube which is placed under his nose.

Let us praise God for the healing of so many things - the dizziness, the pain from his bed sore, his oxygen levels, his heart, his anxiety, his organs, his muscles, his fever, too many to remember them all. We praise you and thank you Lord for your healing touch for mind, body and soul.

Please continue to pray for Fr. Nigel, especially for:
the complete healing of his lungs
the strengthening of his muscles
increase in his stamina
healing of his bedsore
healing of the wounds from the trach and the feeding tube
Please pray for Lynn for stamina and peace.

Thank you Lord Jesus for your sacrifice and for your gift of life.

The following is a note from Fr. Nigel:

Lynn took me to the hospital today.... the trach just fell out which was great, the feeding tube was a different matter! The surgeon and two techs were very funny...it seems I was the first to have H1N1 at that hospital so I seemed to have had some status...They have paid attention to my case to help others. The doctors were so very funny.... after the trach just fell out he said let me see the feeding tube, and as I was lifting my shirt he just grabbed it and with a flick of his wrist pulled it out... and I made a very strange noise as my throat was open... after the pain subsided we all laughed.

We then went to visit the ICU where I was for so long. The nurses were in tears as they met me.. OK so was I. It was so very moving. I had a chance to thank one of the three doctors who saved my life. That was so moving. I had a peek into Room 1 where I was in a coma and then Room 8 where I recovered. They had 2 more patients with H1N1 in ICU and told me another one, a man of 51 died of it last week. I am so very blessed to be alive. God is amazing... this continues to be an amazing journey.

After the hospital today we went to the SLC. It is Tuesday so there were over 100 people having lunch. As I came in, on my wheel chair, I got a standing ovation with many cheers... more tears... the outpouring of love was overwhelming. Just amazing to see such genuine friendship and love. It has been a blessed day. So now I only have oxygen when I need it. I had a lot of anxiety over the removal of the feeding tube so I feel GREAT today.... now that is all behind me.... thanks be to God. Oh how good it is to be alive... I fell like a different man... Jesus you ARE the healer - of this I have no doubt at all.

The trach surgeon said "you know you must have high connections", as he looked at the ceiling... referring to God. Today has been a deeply moving day.

God bless you all and again a huge thank you for your prayers.
Prayer works...

In the deepest love of our Lord Jesus Christ
Fr. Nigel+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home