Monday, April 05, 2010

My Easters With Robert Duvall

Apr 4, 2010
Dimitri Cavalli

Excerpt:
So on Easter Sunday in 2000, still tired from my last job but filled with hope that I would be starting my new writing job the next day, I watched Tender Mercies. My choice to watch it wasn’t preplanned. It just happened to be conveniently on when I had some free time. I enjoyed the film and found, in some ways, that it deeply resonated with what was going on my own life back then. Since 2000, I made watching Tender Mercies on Easter Sunday a personal tradition.

Tender Mercies is not explicitly about Easter. Its themes of redemption, forgiveness, hope, and personal transformation through religious faith, however, reflect what Easter represents. It seemed so appropriate that it happened to be broadcast on Easter Sunday. the rest image

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home