Friday, June 25, 2010

For prayer: Joni Eareckson Tada diagnosed with breast cancer

Associated Press
6/25/2010

AGOURA HILLS, CA - Joni Eareckson Tada, a quadriplegic whose ministry provides wheelchairs to people around the world, has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Doug Mazza, president of Joni and Friends International Disability Center, says the 60-year-old Tada will undergo surgery Monday, allowing doctors to determine how far the cancer has spread.

A diving accident when she was 17 left Tada paralyzed below the neck and wanting to die. Unable to commit suicide, she said she demanded that God show her how to live if He wouldn't kill her.

In a press release announcing her cancer, Tada says she now believes afflictions come from a loving God, and she's "content to receive from God whatever He deems fit." the rest

4 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, Jesus don;t want us to suffer this way...
please visit jtscentral.com
Jesus came not only to give life but also that we have it superabundantly, not only in the life to come but here in this life too. Everything we ever need to know is in His Word. Please Joni, fight the good fight. Seek for deliverance and prove God's promises to be true.

 
At 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AGREE WITH JONI SUFFERING IS A BLESSING IN DISGUISE.I SAY THIS BECAUSE I EXPIERIENCED IT IN MY LIFE WHEN I WAS DIOGNISED OF CANCER AND WENT THROUGH RIGOROUS TREATMENT IN 2003.I REDISCOVERED HIS LOVE AND THE FACT THAT HE IS MORE THAN FAITHFUL.HE MADE MY LIFE MORE ABUNDANT AND THE JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH .I PRAISE HIM FOR THE CANCER(this word cancer i dreaded even to utter before ) HE PERMITED IN MY LIFE.

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Life is deeper than worldly and physical abundance. Abundance of the soul, mind will and emotions are the greatest blessings. These go deeper than the surface superficial life. Jesus suffered, Paul suffered, Mother Theresa suffered, missionaries who give their lives suffer. Tell them about the abundant life. They will tell you it is on a deeper level than you are willing to go. In scripture is says to "share in Christ's sufferings" that means to become one with. Christ is more reveiled in us and through us. The pain is the vehical that causes us to cry out to the living God. And He reveals himself in a manifest abundant way that superseeds anything else on earth. He allows one to share in the glory! Now that's abundant supernatural living! One with God!!!!!

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name I's janet I agree that you get closer tO god through suffering I have suffered afflictions of supernatural demonic oppressions and god has been delivering me and making me clean .. All because I allowed someone to lay hands on me and receiving a demonic tongue which opened a can of worms... But god I's closing the can ptl!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home