Monday, November 07, 2011

Aborting my daughter with Down syndrome ruined my life, destroyed my marriage

by John Jalsevac
Mon Nov 07, 2011

Excerpt:
“A nurse said not aborting my baby would cause it to suffer, and she’d only become a burden on society if I went ahead,” says Marie. “She even said: ‘Ninety-nine per cent of women in your situation wouldn’t want the baby.’”

So heavy was the pressure put on the couple, that ultimately they decided to go ahead with the abortion.

Marie was given a pill to start the abortion that same day.

“I felt numb as I swallowed the tablet. This wasn’t how I imagined this pregnancy ending, but looking back, I was in shock, just operating on autopilot,” she says.

Three days later Marie gave birth to her dead daughter, and, she says, her life has never been the same since. the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home