Friday, May 25, 2012

Church probes English vicar over obscene Facebook posts

May 25, 2012


DONCASTER, England -- A Church of England vicar has been caught on Facebook making obscene comments about his boozy antics and complaining about attending church.

Senior clergy in Britain are investigating the matter after receiving an anonymous letter about Canon Paul Shackerley, vicar of Doncaster Minster in the north of England, calling his use of language "abhorrent" and "distasteful," and arguing he is unfit to serve the church in any way, The (London) Times reported.

Sharkerley is said to have updated his Facebook status recently by posting, "I think I will put my feet up. I've done **** all today other than jazz lesson and visit a friend. I hear the fizz of tonic in my gin beckoning." the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home