Australia Awards Infanticide Backer Peter Singer Its Highest Honor
by Wesley J. Smith
Good grief. Peter Singer is one of the most subversive, pro culture of death advocates in the world, and he has been granted Australia’s highest civic award. After my head stopped exploding, I took to The Corner: From “Australia Awards Infanticide Guru Highest Civic Award:”
Singer is best known for advocating the ethical propriety of infanticide. But that isn’t nearly the limit of his odious advocacy. Here is a partial list of some other notable Singer bon mots:
- Singer supports using cognitively disabled people in medical experiments instead of animals that have a higher “quality of life.”
- Singer does not believe humans reach “full moral status” until after the age of two.Singer supports non-voluntary euthanasia of human “non-persons.”
- Singer has defended bestiality.
- Singer started the “Great Ape Project” that would establish a “community of equals” among humans, gorillas, bonobos, chimpanzees, and orangutans.
- Singer supports health-care rationing based on “quality of life.”