Thursday, November 29, 2012

My advice to Justin Welby

The next Archbishop of Canterbury cannot ignore the media


Excerpt:
Rowan Williams would speak to reporters from outside the field of religion journalism – and it was in these “safe” environments he would blunder by being too clever, tripped up by his egotism and inability to communicate simply and clearly.

Justin Welby’s first press conference following the announcement of his appointment leaves me hopeful we won’t see the mistakes of the past continued. I do hope he is able to bring in his own staff and clean the Lambeth stables.

But there are signs that he may not be ready for prime time. This photo leaves me worried. True, it is not on the order of Rowan Williams’ druidical wimple, but I would ask what he was thinking. the rest

Church of England aims to revive women bishops plan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home