Wednesday, June 17, 2020

News and Views June 17, 2020

Work In The Garden, Garden, Digging, Plucking Weeds
Tend Your Own Garden
...I can’t hope or expect to change the world every day, but maybe that isn’t my job. Instead of trying to change the whole world in a single stroke, maybe I should focus on tending my own garden. I can teach my children to love Jesus and to care about justice, and live a life that honors the Lord.
Do we turn our back on a culture that is suffering? Absolutely not. But we live in the reality that our first priority is our own garden. Before I can hope to impact the world beyond my own front door, I have to impact the people under my own roof...

Thousands of Christians killed in Nigeria amid fears of genocide, report warns
The report, by the UK All-Party Parliamentary Group for International Freedom of Religion or Belief (APPG-FoRB) warns of escalating violence in central Nigeria, where Christian farming communities are being targeted by armed ethnic Fulani herdsmen.
The report warns that "the violence has claimed the lives of thousands of people and displaced hundreds of thousands more".
"It has caused untold human and economic devastation and heightened existing ethno-religious tensions," it reads.

SCOTUS's Transgender Ruling Firebombs The Constitution
...This decision also cements public schools’ status as social enforcers and subsidizers of far-left politics, as they can have no potential legal defense against a teacher switching genders in front of students, putting boys in girls’ locker rooms and sports, or teaching preschoolers that Heather can have two or even three mommies. Queer theory is now reigning U.S. employment law. This means it must also dominate all institutions of higher education that are not explicitly religious, both public and private...

Trans activists bully author into 'withdrawing' from public life
"Due to sustained bullying received from within the children's publishing industry for speaking out on gender issues, I am withdrawing from public life as an author for the sake of my mental health," wrote Rachel Rooney on Twitter.
The London-born Rooney, 57, is the author of "My Body is Me!"

Fact check: Yes, Kente cloths were historically worn by empire involved in West African slave trade

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home