Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Anglican Evangelism must marry corporate worship with the saving message of Jesus Christ
by Matt Kennedy

I sat in the bishop’s office, intimidated by the purple shirt, pectoral cross, oaken desk, and the absolute power the man behind all three seemed to exercise over my future.

This was my first interview with the bishop, one of the initial steps in the process toward ordination. This interview would determine whether I would be accepted as an aspirant, the first fiery hoop in the circus-like process to become an ordained priest in the Episcopal Church.

The bishop looked me in the eye and asked a question that I had not anticipated, but one that I welcomed all the same.

“What do you know about evangelism?”
The rest at Stand Firm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home