Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Brad Drell: Been Busy Practicing Law And Teaching School While The Anglican Wars Continue And My Life Gets Interesting Spiritually, I’ve Run Out Of Arguments, And That Ain’t The Hardest Part
3/6/2007


I’ve been really busy lately, but my watchful eye gets cast on Anglican affairs, even though I really haven’t had much to say about what everyone else is saying lately. Even though the Executive Council of the Episcopal Church has met, frankly, I’ve been singularly uninterested in what they have had to say. It all comes down to the question of does the Episcopal Church sacrifice is current mission of blessing gay and lesbian relationships for a season to give us time to convince the Anglican Communion to do the same. At least that is what our PB is saying.

Frankly, right now, I would tell them to not bother, contradicting everything I’ve tried to convey to the HOBD Listserv since Tanzania.

I guess I’ve been on sort of a high since the Kairos retreat, despite all the busyness. Knowing God is there in my life despite all this mess, that my real mission is prison ministry and not the Anglican wars. Then, tonight, after getting home from teaching class at LC, I was having a talk with my daughter about church that got started when I saw her First Corinthians workbook on the piano; I’ve never her seen her come home with such substantive Christian education stuff before. She has been going to a friend’s church when spending the night and at other times, and we were comparing the experience between the Baptist Church and the Episcopal Church.

Essentially, Sarah likes the liturgy of the Episcopal Church but finds our children’s programming at St. James to lack any serious depth in study about God. (She’s ten. That is a scary thought that she has reached the same conclusions as her Dad about the Sunday School program at St. James, when I haven’t said a word to her about it.) She likes the sermons though at the Baptist Church, because she feels the preacher is talking to her and not everyone else or just the adults.

the rest at Drell's Descants

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home