Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Euthanasia: An Obsession of the Very Few

Monday, September 20, 2010
Wesley J. Smith

I have fought against assisted suicide/euthanasia since 1993 with as much energy and imagination as I possess. The issue matters a lot to me. I think stopping the death agenda is crucial to maintaining an equal and truly compassionate society.

It is also very important to people like Barbara Coombs Lee, the head of Compassion and Choices, and C & C’s funders, such as the subversive (in my view) George Soros. They believe that legalizing doctor prescribed suicide is a matter of liberty–and yes, compassion.

But other than the relatively few of us who struggle in the public policy arena on both sides of the issue, I have come to understand–and it shocked me when I came to this realization–that most people don’t really care one way or the other. In fact, it doesn’t even appear on the issues that concern most people. the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home