Wednesday, December 01, 2010

BBC interview with Bishop Minns on Gafcon Primates’ Statement

November 29th, 2010
Anglican Mainstream

Transcript of Interview with Bishop Minns. A transcript of the following interview with Bishop Kings can be read here

Q: Bishop Martyn Minns is from the Anglican Church in North America and sits on the Secretariat of the GAFCON Primate’s Council. I asked him what did GAFCON leaders regard as the fatal flaw in the Anglican Covenant.

+Minns: The fundamental thing I think is that trust is gone. Decisions and documents that have been worked on in the past have not been honored. I think there’s simply a lack of trust in the process. I think also the introduction of this whole roll of the standing committee in terms of how the covenant is actually exercised has also caused great consternation. But I think, in fact I have a direct quote from one of the Primates who said, “ look, why do we keep going?. All the decisions have been made. The documents we signed have never been honored. There’s no point.” the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home