Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Celebrating 5000 entries at Lent and Beyond

Posted April 17, 2012
Lent and Beyond blog

It was just over a year ago that Jill wrote a post celebrating 4000 entries at Lent and Beyond. Today, we reach the 5000 post milestone on this version of the blog. (Actually we’ve published more than 8500 posts, when you count in the 3500+ posts at our original blogsite!)

It’s fun that I’m in a short season of renewed blogging and get to commemorate it myself and highlight some of my favorite posts from the past 8 years! I never could have imagined when I first started a Lent prayer campaignand associated blog in Feb. 2004 all that God would do in the years ahead, or that I’d still be blogging, albeit sporadically, 8 years later.

It has been hard work, (especially some of our intensive prayer efforts for Lambeth 2008, various ACC meetings, or for the 2006 and 2009 General Conventions.) I remember vividly, for instance, some very very late nights spent hunting the web for a few of the primates’ pictures for our Primates’ prayer brochure, or two seemingly-interminable Saturdays spent constantly hitting refresh on the election results as the diocese of Tennessee held marathon convention sessions for their bishop election a few years ago… !  the rest

(I am so thankful for Karen B. and the rest who post at Lent and Beyond!  Karen was my very first online Anglican blog friend who often encouraged me, esp. when I was a new to blogging in 2005.  The primary focus of Lent and Beyond has always been to call people to prayer and to point to places where one could find fresh oil for the spiritual journey.  May they continue in their work to bless and  keep our eyes focused on the Lord!  -Pat Dague)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home